Monday, August 31, 2009

Dusky rose diapered boy


Waffles says, "they're still PINK!" I guess dusky rose doesn't lessen the offense in his eyes. But that's just an aside. I fully realize I should just give in to the reality that now that I am back at work the end of the day will not involve shoes or pants - at least for Blueberry.

I had a pretty good day at work, but it was tough to get out of the house in clean clothes - both for the kiddo and for me. I spent my day doing the work of a high school teacher combined with paying attention to the other balls I am juggling - my 5K run for Women in Congo - my fundraiser for Doctors Without Borders - and the cooperative sponsorship coordination for AHOPE. Oh, and there was the matter of dinner - and I admit I did forget to pick up the tenderloin and had to make a call to Mr. Silly Pants to pick up my slack.


It's been a good day, and this smile made my night complete. Our boy was a running, spinning, jumping, bouncing, kicking, giggling little package of LOVE. How lucky are we? We know the bounty of our lives. Just don't expect to see pants on our bounty!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Too sweet... I love the pictures. I would say yes you are pretty lucky... you have one happy boy :)

Waiting for Zufan! said...

You do so much! I am proud to know you! So great that you are doing all that fundraising. I love pink diapers on boys. I just can't understand WHY anyone even notices or cares what color a kid wears, anyway?! I'll side with the Ethiopia tradition of, "if the pink fits, wear it."